What does this program do? This program helps reduce or eliminate pollution of water resources through funding for organizations that provide technical assistance or training to improve the planning and management of solid waste sites.
What is an eligible area? Rural areas and towns with 10,000 or fewer people–check eligible addresses.
Special consideration may be given for projects serving:
- an area with fewer than 5,500 or fewer than 2,500 people;
- regional, multi-state or national areas; or
- lower-income populations.
What may the funds be used for?
- Evaluate current landfill conditions to identify threats to water resources
- Provide technical assistance or training to enhance the operation and maintenance of active landfills
- Provide technical assistance or training to help communities reduce the amount of solid waste coming into a landfill
- Provide technical assistance or training to prepare for closure and future use of a landfill site
Deadline for application: December 31, 2017