Breckenridge Grand Vacations
Learn more or apply
Job Title: Recycling and Sustainability Coordinator
Full Time: $15-$20/hour
Division / Dept: Technology
Reports To: VP of Technology and Strategic Planning
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
WC Code: 9012
EEO Code: Laborers and Helpers
SUMMARY: Responsible for managing and overseeing Breckenridge Grand Vacation’s recycling and sustainability programs and initiatives: develop, implement, and monitor corporate and resort operations sustainability strategies.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: Including but not limited to:
- Ensure BGV works toward finding new, innovative, and economic reductive ways in making corporate and resort operations environmentally and socially sustainable.
- Lead BGV’s effort in sustainability vision encompassing Triple Bottom Line (People, Planet, Profit) practices.
- Manage and execute employee sustainability and recycling programs such as Appliance Recycling, Electronics Recycling, Gear Recycling, Ink/Toner/Cartridge Recycling, zero waste events, Green Commute Challenge, and the Sustainable Champions Program.
- Develop, manage and implement standard operating procedures and supporting documentation that support BGV’s sustainability programs and initiatives, including BGV resorts, Human Resources Employee Handbook, new employee orientation.
- Maintain relationships with key sustainability stakeholders, including waste haulers, ARDA, Xcel Energy, Summit County Resource Allocation Park and other local businesses, vendors, and organizations that impact BGV’s sustainability efforts.
- Collaborate with BGV Marketing on internal and external marketing collateral.
- Develop and maintain metrics and data entry for BGV resource conversation and landfill diversion efforts and provide scheduled information and sustainability reporting to stakeholders.
- Attend relevant Resort Operations meetings and assist resort leadership with sustainability related procedures.
- Assist in ensuring BGV corporate and department parties are zero-waste, e.g., RAM Walk, Company Picnic, and Housekeeping Party.
- Assist resort development in analyzing green building practices and sustainable procurement strategies.
- Assist with the application processes for any sustainability-related rebate programs, e.g., energy and electronics recycling rebates.
- Lead, facilitate, and collaborate with BGV departments and departmental managers with environmental and sustainability best practices and seminars which include departmental recycling programs, presentations, industry insights, and interactive engagement.
- Prepare annual department budgets and assist other departments and managers with budget items related to sustainability.
- Utilize Zendesk, Commerce Connections, Robohead, Office 365 and other pertinent software platforms.
- Uphold Hospitality Standards, Company Core Standards and Department Core Standards and observe Company policies and procedures.
- Be the “End of the Line” and resolve every situation inherited, not passing it along, whenever possible.
- Follow up on any situation that is not fully resolved at the time of the initial request.
- Strive to close the loop (alleviate or eliminate issues) on any situations that cannot be fully resolved.
- Respond promptly to all email and voicemail correspondence.
- Maintain a positive working relationship with all contacts, always being helpful and courteous.
- Adhere to company appearance standards at all times and wear name badge when required.
- Attend and participate in company training sessions and department staff meetings.
MARGINAL DUTIES: Functions that are not considered essential to the job:
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Follow Company guidelines for environmental sustainability practices (recycling, composting and conserving resources) and participate in the Company’s sustainability initiatives.
QUALIFICATIONS: To perform this job successfully this position must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential duties.
COMPETENCIES / SKILLS / ATTRIBUTES: To perform the job successfully an individual should possess the following competencies, skills and attributes: Operate vehicles, equipment and materials properly * Observe safety procedures and report potentially unsafe conditions * Use equipment and materials properly * Maintain expert knowledge and understanding of all computer programs and knowledge applicable to the position * Stay informed on the Company * Give and receive feedback and ask for clarification when necessary * Take initiative and perform tasks without being asked * Pay attention to detail and demonstrate accuracy and thoroughness * Strive to build knowledge and skills, sharing expertise with others * Remain calm and empathetic in situations that can be challenging * Support the team’s effort to succeed by giving and welcoming feedback, building morale and contributing a positive team spirit * Provide exceptional customer service and anticipate needs * Be empowered to make GRAND vacations * Treat people with respect and consideration * Approach others in a tactful manner
EDUCATION / EXPERIENCE: Associate’s degree (A. A.) or equivalent from two-year college or technical school; six months to one year related experience and/or training; or combination of education and experience.
COMPUTER EXPERIENCE: Ability to operate office equipment (copier, fax, scanner, phone and calculator) with an intermediate understanding of Microsoft Office programs (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint) and minimum one year use of these programs. Must type by touch and be comfortable with search engines and navigating the internet. Ability to operate a personal computer and accurately record time worked, in the correct department, using the Company time keeping system.
CERTIFICATIONS and/or LICENSES: Must possess a valid US driver license and an acceptable driving record.
LANGUAGE ABILITY: Ability to speak, read, write and interpret in English. Ability to read and interpret articles for publication, business correspondence, general business periodicals, government regulations, instructions, memos, professional journals, reports, safety rules and technical procedures. Ability to write articles for publication, business correspondence, financial reports, operating and maintenance instructions, memos, procedures and routine reports. Ability to speak effectively before groups and individuals to present information to guests, owners, other employees of the organization, outside vendors, executive leadership team, public groups and board of directors. Ability to communicate in Spanish is preferred.
MATHEMATICAL SKILLS: Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions and decimals. Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, area, circumference and volume. Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry.
REASONING ABILITY: Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram or schedule form. Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts and draw valid conclusions.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- Stand and walk over 2/3 of the time.
- Lift up to 10 pounds over 2/3 of the time.
- Use arms, hands and fingers to handle, grasp and reach between 1/3 and 2/3 of the time.
- Sit to drive or work at a computer workstation between 1/3 and 2/3 of the time.
- Speak and listen within the office and over the telephone between 1/3 and 2/3 of the time.
- Push with force, using upper extremities, to thrust forward, downward or outward between 1/3 and 2/3 of the time.
- Pull using upper extremities to exert force to draw, haul or tug objects between 1/3 and 2/3 of the time.
- Lift up to 25 pounds between 1/3 and 2/3 of the time.
- Stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl under 1/3 of the time.
- Lift up to 50 pounds under 1/3 of the time.
- Perform repetitive motions of the arms, elbows, wrists, hands and fingers under 1/3 of the time.
- Requires close, distance, color and peripheral vision, close visual acuity and depth perception.
WORK ENVIRONMENT: The environmental conditions the employee will have exposure to:
- Office or administrative environment between 1/3 and 2/3 of the time.
- Outdoor weather conditions such as sun, ice, snow, wind, dust, rain and humidity between 1/3 and 2/3 of the time.
- Moving mechanical parts or moving vehicles between 1/3 and 2/3 of the time.
- Fumes or airborne particles, toxic or caustic chemicals or vibration between 1/3 and 2/3 of the time.
- Exposure to icy roads while driving between properties under 1/3 of the time.
- Extreme cold, below 32 degrees, for periods of more than 1 hour under 1/3 of the time.
- Pets and pet dander in and around the pet friendly resorts and offices.
- Moderate noise.