Do you feel called to steward a beautiful, seasonal, mountain sanctuary and retreat center with a 60-year history of offering spiritual renewal to visitors? Are you the next-decade leader that will keep “Shadowcliff’s magic” alive? Do you want to foster a deep sense of community among perennial visitors, family retreaters, naturalists, justice workers, and soul-searching lodgers? Would you find fulfillment in gathering a group of new-found friends around the open-pit fire circle in the lodge? Would leading a training session of your choice, while enjoying the panoramic view of Grand Lake through the giant chapel windows, nourish you?
As Executive Director, you’d be the visionary, compassionate listener and facilitator of what has made Shadowcliff an out-of-this-world place since Warren and Patt Rempel gave all they had — in time, talent and treasure — to create a mountain sanctuary for people of purpose and curiosity and conviction that this world can be better tomorrow than it was yesterday.
While Shadowcliff is open, from May-September, you’d be supervising and working in partnership with the General Manager, who lives onsite and is responsible for overseeing the day to day in-season operations. You’d be onsite throughout the season for timely and meaningful interactions with staff and guests. During the off-season, Oct – Apr, you’d work remotely. All year long, your focus will be on nurturing the Shadowcliff community, marketing services and programs, recruiting groups, mobilizing Board members (we are non-profit) to solicit donors, guiding the 12-member Board of Directors in future visioning and next-year planning, and always inspiring the next generation to sustain an extraordinary gift given to us by two prior generations of servant-leaders.
The Board of Directors Seeks an Executive Director to:
- Lead and keep the Shadowcliff vision
- Oversee operations with financial oversight of an annual budget of $250,000
- Manage and implement marketing and fundraising
- Create new revenue streams
- Recruit diverse groups, including spiritual, environmental & community organizations
- Build relationships in Grand County, the Front Range, regionally and globally
- Hire and work in close partnership with the on-site manager
- Work with an existing large, regional, diverse volunteer base
- Be on-site in May for opening facilities, as needed June-September, and closing week
- Collaborate with the board chair in all board activity to strengthen board capacity
- Measure and report progress to the Board on a monthly basis
- Collaborate with the board in continuous strategic planning as new opportunities arise
- An individual whose personal values align with Shadowlciff’s mission
- Minimum of 5-10 years progressive experience in supervision and board management
- Relationship and network-building capability
- Donor-based fundraising success — with individuals, groups and organizations
- Entrepreneurial expertise in identifying needs and creating new opportunities
- Communication skills: written, verbal and public speaking
- Collaborative leadership record among individuals and organizations
- Effective in accomplishing substantial tasks with volunteer
- Adept at navigating spiritual dialogue and growth
- If successful, willing to make a long-term commitment to this leadership position
This is a salaried, part time position. The starting salary is $28,000 a year, with potential to grow based on performance. Executive Director is not required to live on-site. Applicants may be subject to background screening.
Please email a resume outlining your professional experiences, a single page cover letter
addressing your alignment with our mission and core values, why you’re an ideal candidate, and 3 references to firstname.lastname@example.org by July 20th, 2018.
Couples are welcome to apply.
Learn more about Shadowcliff by visiting Shadowcliff.org