Eco-Cycle, one of the oldest and largest non-profit recycling organizations in the nation and a leader in resource conservation and Zero Waste, seeks an experienced manager to join our team to lead our business services department. This department provides hauling services for recycling and composting in businesses, as well as trainings, consulting, audits and other services in support of local businesses creating and achieving Zero Waste goals.
This is a full-time position with benefits.
Interested candidates should submit a cover letter and resume to email@example.com with “Transportation Manager” in the subject heading. The position will be open until filled.
Ideal candidate would have the following:
- Two or more years of Transportation/Logistics experience required, demonstrating the ability to plan and supervise the work of others
- Commercial Vehicle driving experience (required)
- A current Commercial Driver’s License (CDL) and an excellent driving record (required)
- Trucking/routing experience
- Excellent customer service
- Very strong team building and supervisory skills with diverse personnel
- Strong recycling/composting, sustainable materials management and Zero Waste ethic and an active interest in furthering these efforts within the business sector
- A demonstrated knowledge of Hazardous Materials, DOT, OSHA and EPA Regulations.
- Fluent with database management, and knowledge of computer software applications that also include spreadsheets and word processing
- Flexibility and “can do” attitude to troubleshoot and respond to any changes and challenges as they arise
- Manage the transportation department and provide leadership as the liaison among customers, operations, drivers and the support team
- Create efficient routing systems, continually evaluating and improving them for route efficiency and excellent, safe collection services
- Hire, train, develop and supervise transportation team member staffers
- Collaborate with the Commercial Sector Outreach Manager to develop new Zero Waste opportunities and services for businesses who are working to increase their landfill diversion
- Supervise special Zero Waste business services, including:
- CHaRM on-the-road collections for unusual materials such as electronics, plastic film, etc.
- Hard-to-Recycle one-time collection events for businesses
- Waste audits for businesses looking to assess and reduce their waste
- Perform periodic “ride alongs,” ensuring driver team members perform their functions in a safe and productive manner
- Supervise or provide dispatch support for drivers, and back up drivers as needed
- Ensure employee compliance with all safety policies and conduct monthly DOT/Safety trainings
- Maintain high level of customer satisfaction through customer site visits
- Supervise database management
- Provide monthly billing and accounting review
- Provide backup support on customer service calls and visits
- Ensure that Driver Qualification Files, DOT Log Files and Vehicle Condition Reports for all drivers and equipment are accurate and complete
- Maintain a current Medical Examiner’s Certificate
- Ensure maintenance is performed on the physical assets
- Maintain and manage inventory supplies to ensure that adequate inventories are maintained at all times