The Sustainable Purchasing Leadership Council has an opening for a paid 10-week fellowship this summer from early June to early August. Download the job description here. A few more details are included below.
The deadline to apply is COB May 26, 2017.
2017 SPLC Summer Fellowship: Communications & Engagement
Organization: Sustainable Purchasing Leadership Council (SPLC)
Deadline to Apply: May 26, 2017
Target Start Date: June 5th, 2017
Term: Full-time for 10 weeks.
Payment Terms: $4,000 stipend
Supervisor: Cuchulain Kelly, SPLC’s Communications CoordinatorAbout the Position
The Sustainable Purchasing Leadership Council is seeking a fellow for Summer 2017 to assist with communications and engagement activities. Responsibilities may include:
- Assist with biweekly newsletter compilation, including assembling content for regularly recurring sections such as “News You Can Use”, job postings, and member spotlights
- Help prepare, run, and analyze SPLC’s annual member satisfaction survey
- Conduct interviews with SPLC member representatives for publication on SPLC’s Blog and in SPLC’s newsletter
- Collect testimonials from members for use in marketing
- Identify and implement ways to improve the public-facing SPLC website, including by identifying out of date content, inconsistent messaging, “buried” content, and confusing navigation
- Research external conferences to attend, potential speaking opportunities, and presentation proposal deadlines
- Call members and non-members to learn how SPLC messaging is being received and perceived
- Assist with further developing SPLC’s utilization of social media, especially LinkedIn
- Research and answer questions posted by members in the online Member Community
- Enhance SPLC’s Case Study Library by improving abstracts and categorization as part of a larger project to convert the library into a database-driven format
- Assist with legwork for working groups and committees, as needed